Opportunities to Volunteer
- The Lady Holland Chapter IODE is looking for volunteers to help with the West River United Church Pancake Breakfast being held this Saturday, November 17th from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. Contact Sharon Smith at (902) 566-3208
- Westy's Birthday Bash at Westwood Primary. Looking for students to volunteer this Friday, November 16th from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Contact Jolena Malone.
- PEI Diabetes is looking for volunteers - My name is Anthony Miller and I am looking to see if there is any interest from high school students, that are looking for volunteer hours for bursaries, resume building etc., to get involved in creating a
fundraiser for our Diabetes camp! If you are one of those students you can contact me by phone at: 902-954-0007.
- Youth Build 2019 - Habitat for Humanity Prince Edward Island - Great way to collect Community Service Bursary or Duke Hours, strengthen your resume, receive a reference letter, enjoy camaraderie and learn new skills. Contact Tyson Nicholson at (902) 367-3559 or email@example.com or www.habitatpei.ca
- The North River Minor Hockey Association is looking for volunteers on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon to man the ticket table. You would be receiving and recording tickets passed in by members and placing stub in the appropriate bins. Names can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register for the Community Service Bursary
If you are an Island student in grade 10, 11 or 12 and planning to attend any post-secondary institution, you may receive a community service bursary in recognition of your volunteer work.
You can accumulate volunteer hours from the completion of Grade 9 until June 30th of your Grade 12 year.
You may place your bursary on hold for one academic year.
The maximum value of the bursary is $750.00, calculated at a rate of $5.00 per volunteer hour. You are required to volunteer a minimum 30 hours, up to a maximum 150 hours. You will be issued a T4A slip for this bursary.
If after reading over this process and you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning at (902) 368-4640.
- Check to see if the organization you are volunteering for has been approved. LINK TO LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS APPROVED. https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/workforce-and-advanced-learning/community-service-bursary-list-registered-organizations to registered organizations
Complete the STUDENTS ONLINE APPLICATION AT: https://eservices.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/402. You will require your social insurance number, phone number and only once service contract is needed regardless of the number of organizations you volunteer for.
Upon completion of your hours, ORGANIZATIONS ONLINE VOLUNTEER HOURS FORM at - https://eservices.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/396
If you are in Grade 12 and you have completed the hours, you must submit a Student Information Sheet to the Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning by June of your graduating year. STUDENT INFORMATION FORM at: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/sites/default/files/forms/csb-student_information_sheet.pdf