- Summer School will take place from July 3rd to August 14th at Colonel Gray High School. Classes take place Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 12:00 noon. Registration will be open from May 21st until June 3rd. Complete list of courses offered and registration process available. 2019 Summer School Information & 2019 Summer School Registration on My Blueprint
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS IN GRADE 12 - RE: GOOGLE MATERIAL
Taking your Google Suite Materials with you when your leave (Students graduating or leaving our system)Taking Your Google Suite Materials With You. Google Suite accounts of students who are graduating and/or leaving the PEI School system will be DELETED AFTER AUGUST 15TH of each year. It is important that these students download any work that they wish to keep. There are two options to save student work using Google Takeout:
- Download your content is a tool that allows users to download their data from their Google Apps for Education account.
- Transfer your Content is another tool that will allow students to copy and transfer all emails and Google Drive files to another Google account.
The following resource https://goo.gl/iS8Zgz describes how to use Google Takeout. Please ask your parents, guardian or school staff for help if you do not understand the instructions.
NEED A PROM DRESS?
- A large quantity of new Prom dresses and accessories will be available to students from all across the province on May 13th and 14th at no cost. Drop in to the Cornerstone Baptist Church in Cornwall, from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm on either of these days.
STUDENTS ATTENDING THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK - UNB Checklist
NEED SOME COMMUNITY SERVICE BURSARY HOURS - Check out the website
JUNE 8TH - COURSE PLANNING AND REGISTRATION FOR DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY
- Register On Track programming provides first year students with support on key topics: Important terms and vocabulary used at Dalhousie, how to use your course planning worksheet, how to read the academic timetable, how to consider your academic and career goals while creating your schedule, how to register for courses and why and how to connect with your advisor - Link - https://www.dal.ca/campus_life/academic-support/On-track/register.html.
- Oak Acres Children's Foundation Counsellor-in-Trainiing Application Form
- Harper's Exteriors Job - Contact Destiny Harper at 902-213-0085
- Camp Abby Job Opportunities
- Deadline: May 13th - Milton Community Hall - Summer ARCH Outreach Worker - More information in Student Services, On the Job Board wall across from Student Services or contact (902) 566-3154.
- Glasgow Hills Resort & Golf Club - looking for motivated and reliable "Grounds Maintenance Workers", more information available in Student Services and outside the Student Services Office on the Job Board.
- A.P. Gallant's Country Food Market - Now accepting resumes for full-time and part-time summer employment. Call 902-963-2000 & ask for Keith
- D.P. Murphy - Group of of Companies - Tim Horton's Wendy's are hiring? - Applications available in Student Services or go online to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian Red Cross – PEI Region. - Currently hiring for our Water Safety Day Camps! This position if full time at 12.50/h for 10 weeks! Apply online at: https://www.redcross.ca/about-us/jobs/opportunities-in-canada/water-safety-day-camp-instructor-8?fbclid=IwAR2WBxCiOQ76FAU_bJiw-ZGZ6eKXhRpLEsgKe782xI19Tfu4YDgl_DTrWeY
- Rise & Climb is Hiring - Looking for energetic people to join the Rise & Climb 2019 team. If you are looking for full-time or part-time work and enjoy the great outdoors this might be the right place for you. All staff must be 18 years of age or older. Contact Janice Corney nfo@RiseAndClimb.ca
(902) 566-5947 or visit www.riseandclimb.ca for details.
PEI Farm Team Bursary & Team Seafood Team Bursary
- Grade 12 students entering university or college in the fall of 2019 or students returning to college or university will be eligible for $1,000 - The Team Seafood Summer Bursary initiative will fund 75% of the bursary amount with participating farm contributing the remaining 25%. More information at www.peifarmteam.ca or contact email@example.com or call (902) 314-0623.
- Summer Camp - Camp Gencheff - Camp Applications available in Student Services and application Camp Gencheff Application Form
- Young Millionaire Program - This program is accepting applications from students ages 9-16 interested in learning about entrepreneurship and operating their own summer business. More information at (902) 887-3400 or visit website at 222.ymppei.com
- Deadline: May 24th, 2019 - Are you a student in grade 10 or 11? Looking for students to attend the Rotary Adventure in Human Rights, all expenses paid, going to Winnipeg, Manitoba from August 18th - 24th, 2019. Rotary Adventure in Human Rights application
2019 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM STUDENT SERVICES
To do list for students attending university/college in September:
- Make sure your university or college email is activated as staff from those institutions will only communicate with you on that email. This is extremely important as all of your financial information, course/registration information (adding, dropping courses, wait list, etc.) residence and events at school will be communicated to you on that email account.
- Registration of classes – this process has begun at some universities so make sure you do this as soon as it opens. Classes and labs fill up very quickly so it is important to do this when registration opens.
- Residence and meal plans – make sure you have applied to residence and pay your deposit by the deadline date.
- Keep in contact with your university recruiter if you have any questions regarding the above information.
A representative from Student Financial Services will be here on Tuesday, April 30th at 6:00 pm for a student loan presentation. This is a great opportunity to learn about how and when to apply for these loans, so we recommend attending this session.
George Coles Bursary, Island Student Award, Island Skills Award and Island Advantage Bursary:
These Provincial grants are available to all eligible students who attend UPEI, Holland College and Collège de l’île. These institutions require your Social Insurance Number which was asked of you on your application. If you did not enter your Social Insurance Number please contact the institution. See Attachment.
Community Service Bursary:
A list of students who have registered for the Community Service Bursary will be posted in Student Services on Wednesday, May 1st, 2019. Please check with Elizabeth to see that your name is on this list and that all forms are completed. If your name is not on the list, you must call the organization that you have volunteered with to be sure that they have forwarded your information. To confirm if all your documentation has been completed contact Barry Gosby at (902) 368-4640. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all documentation has been submitted to the Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning.
Scholarships and Bursaries:
Please inform the School Counsellors of any scholarships, bursaries or awards that you accepted this year. We must receive a photocopy of the accepted scholarship offer no later than Wednesday, June 5th, in order to be recognized at the graduation ceremony.
Continue to drop in to Student Services or go to Student Services webpage at: https://bluefieldhigh.ca/students/student-services-blog/scholarships/. There are still many scholarships, bursaries and awards available.
Reminder to check your emails as we will continue to send our bi-weekly emails until mid June.
Please let Elizabeth, in Student Services, know where you want your final transcript sent. The school will only be sending your transcript to one university or college so clarification from you is essential! Transcripts must be requested by Wednesday, June 5th, 2019.
Prizes and Awards:
Students are encouraged to apply for a number of special awards to be determined at the prize meeting in June. Each award has specific criteria and a separate application form. The application forms will be available in Student Services on May 1st, 2019 and students that are applying need to complete and hand them in to Student Services on or before Wednesday, May 29th, 2019.
“Thank You Letters” for Graduation Prizes, Awards and Bursaries:
Students that receive prizes, awards and bursaries at graduation should send a thank-you to the donor of the award. Students contact Bluefield main office for address information. 902-675-7480.
Summer School information comes from the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture. We hope to receive information by early June. Check Student Services or our website for details.
Still thinking about options for September, 2019
If you are still unsure of what you want to do next year or if you would like to continue with post secondary education but you do not feel you meet the grade requirements for admission, please see either Ms. Gillan or Ms. Auld as there may still be opportunities available such as the Transitions Program at UPEI or Adult Education at Holland College.