Grade 12 students WHO HAVE NOT YET REGISTERED for their Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 courses at UPEI and students, WHO DID NOT FINISH THEIR REGISTRATION ON TUESDAY, WITH UPEI, will have another opportunity to register at UPEI Campus on March 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st. Student must sign-up in advance (sign-up emails are listed below), to attend these sessions and must have their $250 tuition deposit paid by the end of this week (Friday, March 15th). Also, students must bring their UPEI username and pin number to the registration.
- MARCH 18, UPEI RL264, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - upei.ca/registration/march18
- MARCH 19, UPEI RL265, 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM - upei.ca/registration/march19
- MARCH 20, UPEI RL265, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - upei.ca/registration/march20
- MARCH 21, UPEI RL265, 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM - upei.ca/registration/march21
UPEI - March 16th - UPEI's Applied Communication, Leadership and Culture Program will be hosting a workshop for 20 High School Students on effective Public Seaking.
- On Saturday, March 16, UPEI's Applied Communication, Leadership, and Culture program will be hosting a workshop for 20 high school students on effective public speaking. Although this could benefit any prospective post-secondary student, it will be especially focused on students interested in the Arts or Business faculties. This workshop will be offered by ACLC Journalist-in-Residence, Bruce Rainnie, from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Lunch will be provided. Students can register here: https://goo.gl/forms/AgzhWGUJ8k8V5wVC3
Skills PEI, in conjunction with Apprenticeship PEI and all other related parties, would like to see an increase in the number of students from Grades 10 - 12 attending the 2019 Skills PEI Job Fairs. There will be opportunities for students to network with employers, practice interview skills, gather information about specific fields and organizations, as well as ample opportunity to secure summer employment.
This invitation is being distributed to all Island High Schools. Funding will be provided to cover all costs associated with getting students from grades 10 - 12 to the Job Fair closest to the location of the individual High School. All students will have the opportunity to enter to win a one-time $500 bursary. More information contact email@example.com or 902-846-0495.
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island has a Tourism Job Fair on Saturday, April 13th at the North Shore Stanley Bridge Country Resort. Bring your resume and come get a job! Questions contact Debbie Mol at: 902-566-5008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rise & Climb is Hiring - Looking for energetic people to join the Rise & Climb 2019 team. If you are looking for full-time or part-time work and enjoy the great outdoors this might be the right place for you. All staff must be 18 years of age or older. Contact Janice Corney nfo@RiseAndClimb.ca
(902) 566-5947 or visit www.riseandclimb.ca for details.
- Katimavik is a non-profit organiation with over forty years' experience in community development and youth leadership and I'm reaching out to you as we are once again in recruitment season. Our National Experience is a six-month-long program that gives youth between the ages of 17-25 the opportunity to travel to different regions of Canada, acquire professional and life skills and contribute to community development through volunteer services. This program is funded by the federal government under the Canada Services Corps. More information at: www.katimavik.org or call (514) 868-0898 or 1-888-525-1503.
- March 22nd - Spring Open House at King's College - 9:30 am - 2:00 pm - Students must sign up at: https://ukings.ca/events/spring-open-house/.
- April 5th - The Marine Mammal Summer Camp -Explore the biology and diversity of marine mammals. Conduct scientific research on marine mammals alongside experts, both in the lab and on the ocean. Learn ways to positively impact the marine community.- Location: Saint Mary's University and Campobello Island, New Brunswick - Dates: August 3-12, 2019. Deadline: April 5th, 2019 - Cost $1,700 per camper, some bursaries available. More information at smu.ca/marinemammalcamp.
- University of Toronto (YSP) Youth Summer Program - Faculty of Law/Faculty of Medicine - Visit www.ysp.utoronto.ca to apply and for more information.
- Youth Ambassadors Program - This program is seeking applicant swith Canadian citizenship. Youth applicants must be aged 15-18 years old, have at lest 4 months remaining of secondary school and be dedicated to community services. More information at https://www.platssburgh.edu/academics/cesca/youth-ambassadors.html. or email email@example.com.
Link - Post Secondary Education Presentation - all grade 12 students were given this presentation by one of the School Counsellors between September 18-25, 2018
Deadline - CONTESTS
- March 22nd - 2019 Regional Brain Bee - an exciting competition between high school student, grades 9-12, livingin the Maritimes to test their knowledge of bran-related facts! - Participants will receive neuroscience goodies and the winner will compete in the national competition in Ontario. Visit survey.psyc.unb.ca/UNBBBR19.aspx to register! or firstname.lastname@example.org . - Brain Bee Link
- Confederation Centre Launches the Symons Medal and Lecture Essay Contest - Requirements and Application Process
Tips from MacLean's Magazine on getting into University - MacLean's Guide to getting into University
More Tips from MacLean's Magazine on getting into University/College - Link
Rising Youth Community Service Grants
Community Service Bursaries opportunities available - Go to the Bluefield Community Service Website under Student Services