There is an organization called "Beautiful You Prom" which is available to assist students who need support. Students can access free dresses, shoes and jewelry. Contact: Constance McRae at M.E. Callaghan Intermediate by emailing: email@example.com or phone (902) 940-1979.
- The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences at UPEI has recently started a PEI High School Math League . The first meet was December 1st, 2018 with Charlottetown Rural taking home both first and second prizes! The second meet will take place on February 2, 2019 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm. Snacks and pizza for lunch. This event will take place in the same location as last time (UPEI - Building #30 - Room 128 A/B) If you need more information see Guidance Counsellors or Mrs. Coughin.
- The Marine Mammal Summer Camp -Explore the biology and diversity of marine mammals. Conduct scientific research on marine mammals alongside experts, both in the lab and on the ocean. Learn ways to positively impact the marine community.- Location: Saint Mary's University and Campobello Island, New Brunswick - Dates: August 3-12, 2019. Deadline: April 5th, 2019 - Cost $1,700 per camper, some bursaries available. More information at smu.ca/marinemammalcamp.
UPEI - FIRST YEAR ADVISEMENT - March 12th, 2019
- UPEI will be at Bluefield on March 12th to help students register for their September 2019 courses. To register for your courses on the 12th of March, you must have your deposit paid a couple of days prior to the 12th, to allow UPEI time to process this payment. Students must sign up in Student Services for a registration time. Students must bring their ID number to registration.
Bluefield High School Upcoming Events and Opportunities
Link - Post Secondary Education Presentation - all grade 12 students were given this presentation by one of the School Counsellors between September 18-25, 2018
2019 National Youth Engagement Week - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Deadline: January 31st, 2019
- National Youth Engagement Week is a unique opportunity to experience five days at DEPOT (/depot/index-eng.htm), the RCMP's training academy in Regina. A select group of Grade 12 students from across Canada will experience what it's like to be a cadet in training. If chosen you will get the opportunity to interact with police officers from various RCMP units. Activities may include a fitness session , drill class, driving simulation, police defensive tactics, a tour of the RCMP Heritage Centre (https://rcmphc.com/) and much more. Applications available by Friday, December 14th, 2018. January 31st - Link:
Deadline - CONTESTS
- Deadline: February 16th, 2019 - SPEI Crime Stoppers Anti-Bullying Contest - Applications also available in Student Services
- Deadline: February 28th, 2019 - Anti-Racism Creative Challenge - Theme: Being an Ally - Completed Rules and Official Entry Forms at: www.peianc.com or in Student Services
- Deadline - March 1st - Poetry In Motion Contest - Requirements & Application Process
- March 1st, 2019 - 2019 Bachelor of Humanities high School Essay Contest - More information at: https://carleton.ca/bhum/2018/essay-contest-2019/
Tips from MacLean's Magazine on getting into University - MacLean's Guide to getting into University
More Tips from MacLean's Magazine on getting into University/College - Link
University/College Application Deadlines
- January 31st - National Theatre School of Canada- apply @ theatretraining.ca
- January 31st - Simon Fraser University - Application Deadline
- February 28th - Holland College - application deadline
- February 28th - Holland College - scholarships/bursaries deadline
- March 1st - UPEI - application deadline
- March 1st - UPEI - Scholarships and Bursaries
- February 15th - UNB - Nursing and Health Sciences application deadline
- February 15th - UNB - Saint John - Health Sciences application deadline
- March 1st - UNB - Scholarship application Deadline
Rising Youth Community Service Grants
- Rising Youth Community Service Grants are now available. More information available in Students Services as well as at: www.risingyouth.ca Contact: Sarah Gallant - Youth Engagement Activator for more information at SARAHG@TAKINGITGLOBAL.ORG or 9092-213-5116 or www.risingyouth.ca
Community Service Bursaries opportunities available - Go to the Bluefield Community Service Website under Student Services
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy - New York City - Auditions - Saturday, November 10th - New York City. Contact 1-800-367-7908 - More Information in Student Services.
Katimavik - Discover Canada. Discover Yourself
- If you are 18-25 years old, interested in travel, adventure, and life long learning; eager to make friends and gain work experience; curious about your country, its diversity and its cultures; and wanting to make a difference through volunteer service. Join the Katimavik National Experience and start your journey of service to help build a better Canada. More information at KATIMAVIK.OR. Applications now available.
Study and Go Abroad Fairs - NEW Website - Projects Abroad <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Explore your future at Canada's largest International University and Student Travel Expo, October 16th, Dalhousie University, Student Union Building in Halifax. Expo: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm and Free Seminars: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm. More information go to www.studyandgoabroad.com.