School Counsellors, are here to assist all students towards finding their careers. Here are some helpful websites:
January Issue: The Future Code "Future of Oceans" Showcases Canada's Ocean Supercluster: https://mailchi.mp/oceansupercluster.ca/future-of-oceans?e=42feb25b3b plus Opportunities in and Scholarships and Bursaries in the fishing industry as well as job opportunities.
- On PEI, the ocean offers opportunities for many jobs in Bioscience, https://employmentjourney.com/industries/bioscience/ Aquaculture, https://employmentjourney.com/industries/aquaculture/ and Fisheries. Ihttps://employmentjourney.com/industries/fisheries/
- Many fishery food processing plants begin hiring in April or May, however aquaculture food processing plants offer year-round full-time work and benefits. A list of contact information for employers in fisheries and aquaculture can be found here.https://employmentjourney.com/2020-employment-opportunities-across-pei-in-the-aquaculture-fisheries-industry/
- For High School students, a summer job in fisheries can be an investment for their academic future. Team Seafood and Farm Team PEI previously offered programs designed to promote student employment in the farming and seafood processing sectors, and as more bursaries and awards are announced for this year, they will be added to The Employment Journey's Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards page.https://employmentjourney.com/bursaries-awards-scholarships/
On The Employment Journey website, you can find a list of all 38 industries, in alphabetic order and easy to navigate. By clicking on one of the industries, you will find information on various companies in that industry on PEI, information on employment opportunities, and a list of all the different positions in that field. There is also information on what post-secondary options there are to develop a career in that industry. https://employmentjourney.com/industries/
October Issue - Employment Journal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual update to help job seekers find work and e
- The Adventure Group Inc - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/The-Adventure-Group-Inc-1.pdf
Employers find the right staff.
PEI Sector Councils address human resource issues and helps connect job seekers with employers.
- Atlantic Canada Aerospace & Defence Association -https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Atlantic-Canada-Aerospace-and-Defence-Association-2.pdf
- Career Bridges - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Career-Bridges.pdf
- Creative PEI - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Agriculture-Sector-Council.pdf
- PEI Agriculture Sector Council - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Agriculture-Sector-Council.pdf
- PEI Aquaculture Alliance - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Aquaculture.pdf
- PEI BioAlliance - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-BioAlliance-1.pdf
- PEI Trucking Sector Council - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ourism-Industry-Association-of-PEI-1.pdf.
- Tourism Industry Association of PEI - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ourism-Industry-Association-of-PEI-1.pdf
The following organizations have programs and/or services to help job seekers and resources for employers.
- The Adventure Group Inc. - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/The-Adventure-Group-Inc.pdf Inc.
- Career Bridges - Career Bridges program expands to Montague - https://employmentjourney.com/program-expands-to-montague/
- Career Development Services - Indigenous Skills and Employment Training - https://employmentjourney.com/indigenous-skills-training-supports-participants-to-fulfill-their-dreams/
- Jobs & Java Program supports job seekers - https://employmentjourney.com/jobs-java-program-supports-job-seekers/
- Clubhouse programs - Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) PEI Division - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Clubhouse-programs.pdf
- An inside look at Hope Centre Clubhouse - https://employmentjourney.com/an-inside-look-at-hope-centre-clubhouse/
- Community Connections Inc - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Community-Connections-Inc.pdf
- Community Inclusion Ltd - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Community-Inclusions-Ltd.pdf
- Construction Association of PEI - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Construction-Association-of-PEI.pdf
- East Prince Women - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/East-Prince-Women.pdf
- East Prince Youth Development Centre - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/East-Prince-Youth-Development-Centre.pdf
- Harbourview Training Center Inc - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/East-Prince-Youth-Development-Centre.pdf
- Inclusions East Inc - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Inclusions-East-Inc.pdf
- Job Bank - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Job-Bank.pdf
- John Howard Society - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/John-Howard-Society.pdf
- Mi'kmaq Confederacy of PEI Employment Services - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Mikmaq-Confederacy-of-PEI-Employment-Services.pdf
- Native Council of Prince Edward Island - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Native-Council-of-Prince-Edward-Island.pdf
- Office to advance Women Apprentices - https://employmentjourney.com/new-service-available-on-pei-to-assist-women-to-advance-in-apprenticeable-skilled-trades/
- Passport to Employment- https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Passport-to-Employment.pdf
- Program encourages mature workers to join tourism industry -https://employmentjourney.com/program-encourages-mature-workers-to-join-tourism-industry-2/
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Association-for-Newcomers-to-Canada.pdf
- PEI Connectors - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Connectors.pdf
- PEI Council of People with Disabilities - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Council-of-People-with-Disabilities.pdf
- Program puts abilities to work - https://employmentjourney.com/program-puts-abilities-to-work/
- PEICOD helps with career search and job planning -https://employmentjourney.com/help-with-job-search-and-career-planning/
- PEI Department of Education and Lifelong Learning - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Department-of-Education-and-Lifelong-Learning.pdf
- PEI Employment Standards - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Employment-Standards.pdf
- PEI Reach Foundation - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Reach-Foundation.pdf
- PERCÉ ÎPÉ - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PERCE-IPE.docx
- Use the public Library to hunt for a job or research a career change - https://employmentjourney.com/use-the-public-library-to-hunt-for-a-job-or-to-research-a-career-change/
- PEI Public Service Commission - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PEI-Public-Service-Commission.pdf
- The Public Service of Canada - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/The-Public-Service-of-Canada-1.pdf
- Ready, Willing and Able - https://employmentjourney.com/ready-willing-and-able-to-work-promoting-an-inclusive-workforce/
- Rural Community Learning Inc - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Rural-Community-Learning-Inc-1.pdf
- Many employment related resources offered in West Prince -https://employmentjourney.com/many-employment-related-resources-offered-in-west-prince/
- Skills Canada PEI - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Skills-Canada-PEI-1.pdf
- SkillsPEI - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/SkillsPEI-1.pdf
- Self employment - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Self-employment-1.pdf
- Stars for Life Foundation for Autism - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Stars-for-Life-Foundation-for-Autism-1.pdf
- Student Work Placements - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Student-Work-Placements-1.pdf
- Trade-HERizons - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Trade-HERizons-1.pdf
- Tremploy Inc. - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Tremploy-1.pdf
- UPEI Career Studio - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/UPEI-Career-Studio-1.pdf
- WorkPEI - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/WorkPEI-1.pdf
- Workplace Learning PEI Inc - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Workplace-Learning-PEI-Inc-1.pdf
- Where to find names of PEI employers - https://bluefieldhigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Where-to-find-names-of-PEI-employers-1.pdf
- Transitioning from High School to University/College. http://teenmentalhealth.org/transitions/
- Transitions is the first evidence-based publication of its kind. It’s designed to help you be successful on campus, focusing on time management, relationships, identity, finances, sexual activity, mental illness, suicide, addictions, and more. It also includes tips and strategies for helping yourself through challenging times and recommendations of where you can go to get additional help, if you need it.
- Red Seal Program - http://www.red-seal.ca/w.2lc.4m.2-eng.html
- Employment Journey - http://www.employmentjourney.com/
- MY BLUEPRINT – Career Guide– Link – http://www.myblueprint.ca – Directions on how to set up an account for myblueprint.ca/pei.
- go to www.myblueprint.ca/pei(The “/pei” part is essential for this to work).
- In the blue “New User” box choose your high school from the drop down menu (in this case Bluefield).
- On the next screen, choose the current grade from the drop down menu and click on “Next Step”.
- On the next screen, enter your first and last name and date of birth in the appropriate fields and click “next step”. (If students get an error at this point, have them click on “skip this step”, otherwise they should continue to the next screen automatically.
- On the next step, students enter their email address (one they can check, preferably their school email address), password, first and last name, birth date and preferred language. Once done, click “create account”. This should provide access to all features of myblueprint.
PEI STUDENT LOANS INFORMATION FROM BARRY GOSBY
BarryAlso please note, here is the link to the other video that he sent to us previously that discuss grants managed through the student loans office.