Congratulations Grade 12's, Job Well Done!!!
Below is information to help you as we learn to navigate our present world amid COVID-19.
- Federal Benefits Charts to explain financial supports available to Canadians this time -financial
- Covid-19 PEI supports contact information - COVID 19 PEI Supports
- Mental Health Supports from Home - Covid 19 Mental Health Supports PEI
- Ask a Psychologist - Our Student Services team has launched an Ask a Psychologist section on their PSB Student Services Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/psbstudentservices/ . If parents are wondering about how to manage bedtime worries, what to tell their teen who wants to visit friends, where to begin to structure their child’s day, or any other questions, they can write in and ask for advice from a school psychologist. Parents and students can also email a question to firstname.lastname@example.org . Anonymous responses will be posted to the Facebook page so other parents can also benefit from the advice. Please check out the first video that answers a question that was recently posted about how to regulate children who have tantrums.
- Home Learning Television Program - A great deal of preparation has gone into making the new home learning television program Head Hand Heart Connections. Tune in to the Community Channel on Eastlink (10 & 610) and take time to connect through stories, movement, music, art and language. Through a series of episodes focused on creativity, physical health and well-being; children, youth, and families can engage with educators and librarians and explore fun learning opportunities. Episodes will be aired on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday each week from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. until further notice.
- Home Learning Television Program - Students and Parents are also encouraged to watch Language 4 Vous on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 11:30 a.m. on the Eastlink Community Channel. The show is suitable for children pre-kindergarten and older wishing to improve their English and French communication. Each 24 minute episode features a variety of videos varying in length on vocabulary, crafts, well-being, drawing, music, and other aspects of life. A majority of the show is meant to be interactive as students can follow along with many segments within the show and can send in their created works to Language4Vous@gmail.com . Language 4 Vous is created by a collaborating team of EAL and FAL itinerant teachers and specialists in PEI with the goal to help everyone improve.
- Islanders Helping Islanders has been created to assist you with pick ups and drop off of many items or they may be able to help you in a different manner if you request. Link - https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/health-and-wellness/islanders-helping-islanders-volunteer-services-directory
- DELL learning opportunities -Link - https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/education-and-lifelong-learning/home-learning-resources?fbclid=IwAR3eAD7YsLAsv-4UgadBkIj3RTQTEIOtwIGjvHw36QGtBkeJpkQRCB2bOcA
- PSB Student Services team has created a Facebook page to provide information and useful links as we move forward this school year. Link - https://www.facebook.com/psbstudentservices
Additional COVID19 Resources:
1) Resources re: COVID-19 PSB - Link - https://edu.princeedwardisland.ca/psb/parents_students/covid-19-resources/
2) DELL Parents and Students - School Closure FAQ
- Link - https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/education-and-lifelong-learning/parents-and-students-school-closure-faq?fbclid=IwAR3lcHtrSQ6yGYPu9tmDRhNJAq7cpkV1bt88XxiW-GDqJkCk4gg6DTUwBj4
3) Child Mind Institute - Coping during COVID-19 Resources for Parents
- Link - https://childmind.org/ and Link - https://childmind.org/coping-during-covid-19-resources-for-parents
4) Remember”: Surviving the Pandemic with your Children! Hesham Hamoda, MD, MPH - Staff Psychiatrist, Boston Children’s Hospital
- - Link - l https://iacapap.org/remember-surviving-the-pandemic-with-your-children/?fbclid=IwAR1d4Vrp1K68IQyrASvOTiHyThuQni8KwYkN-lliqbgFlwtSUeVKeCCYHKU
5) CDC COVID-19 - Stress and Coping
- Link - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fcoping.html
6) Best Way to Connect in just 10 Minutes with Kids of All Ages
7) Surprising benefits of laughter
8) Anxiety Canada has information written for parents, kids, and youth. They are also the creators of the free Mindshift app - for adolescents learning about anxiety and practical tools for managing (e.g., guided mindfulness)
9) Free apps for children:
- Stop, Breathe, and Think Kids
- Breathing Bubbles
10) Social Distancing videos K-3
- Jack Hartman- Link - https://youtu.be/OMg6t-z8KEI
- The Wiggles - Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUmSiLXesKI
- Videos by Jo Cullen - Link -https://www.facebook.com/jo.cullen.3304
11) Worry resources
- Link - https://www.counselorkeri.com/ - great site with resources ie: worry cards Specific link to the Worry Strategy Cards
- Link - https://shop.counselorkeri.com/products/worry-management-strategies-worry-strategy-cards-for-school-counseling?_pos=1&_sid=fbca9c172&_ss=r
12) Additional resources
- Teen Mental Health - Dr. Stan Kutcher - Link- www.teenmentalhealth.org
- Kids Help Line -Link
- COVID - Link - Mental Health from Home
- COVID 19 Parent - Link - How to talk to your kids!
- COVID 19 - Link - Supporting your children through COVID 19